In this digital age, owning a website for your business is a necessity not an option. Currently, many business transactions are done online. If you have a business and don’t have a website, you are losing out on great opportunities for your business. However, there are common misconceptions many people have when considering to have a website for their business. See below, seven common myths about website design
- The design should be appealing to you – Remember, the website is meant for your clients not you. If your clients do not like it, they won’t buy anything and won’t ever come back. To achieve this, you have to put the following in consideration: What important information do my clients want to know? How the site should be designed in order to attract clients? What photos to use? To know your clients preferences, you have to request feedback from them or do a survey. Knowing what the client wants is the key factor to success in any type of business.
- I should provide many option as possible for my clients to choose from – Are you aware that giving clients too many choices can overwhelm and eventually lead to fewer sales? Too many choices can trouble your customers. They will get confused and less likely to buy from any of the options you provided.
- You can get a website at a cheap price – True, but you can’t expect a good website when your budget is too small. There is a lot that is required in order come up with a great website that is able to showcase your products in the best way, appear on the first page of search engines and user friendly. You will want the content of your website to be written by an experienced SEO writer so that your website can appear on the first page of google. As the saying goes “Cheap is expensive”. It is worth spending more but have a website that delivers your expectations.
- Your website should not be upgraded – This is very wrong. It is like saying you can’t renovate your house. You should keep your site up-to-date and relevant. Your website is your marketing tool and should reflect what you do and who you are. Your target audience expectations are developing so is with technology and your website should reflect those changes. Web design trends are changing everyday along with web browsers and devices. Example, is your site optimised for a mobile or tablet? Website designing is a continuous process, you need to keep on updating and innovating so as to catch up with the current trends.
- Once my potential clients see my beautifully designed website, they will want to buy my products or services – Wrong, you need to develop trust first. Nurturing relationships with your clients is a vital part of growing a successful business online…If clients feel welcome, they will stay longer, refer friends and come back more often.
- Having a professional website mean immediate increase of sales – It doesn’t just happen overnight, but it will happen. It can take time for momentum to build. Don’t lose hope!!
- A website should only stylish in order to attract potential customers – User experience is very crucial in website designing. A stylish website that is not user-friendly is doomed to fail. You should make it easy for visitors to find the information they need quickly and easily. A user-friendly website will entice more prospects and boost sales for your business.
Ace solution Africa Ltd develops fantastic websites to meet your company goals and objective. Please contact us for your next project.
Click here for our SPECIAL Offer FOR SMES starting from Ksh 35,000+VAT.
Call us NOW