Digital Marketing 101: What to Expect When Accepting New Clients
As a business owner, you know that it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends in digital marketing. But what do you do when you have a client who insists on using outdated methods? In this article, we’ll give you an overview of digital marketing basics so that you can better understand what your clients are expecting from you.
Defining Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the practice of using digital technologies to create, build, and manage relationships with customers. It is a strategic approach used by businesses to attract and retain customers through creating and delivering value through digital channels.
There are several steps businesses must take in order to implement digital marketing. The first step is to understand what their target market looks like and what their needs are. After that, it’s important to identify the best digital channels for reaching their target market. Once these channels have been identified, it’s important to create content that is relevant and useful to your target market. This content should be delivered in a way that is easy for your target market to access and use. lastly, it’s important to measure the success of your digital marketing efforts and make necessary adjustments accordingly.
The Pillars of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a powerful tool that can help businesses reach new customers. When accepting new clients, businesses should understand the basics of digital marketing.
The pillars of digital marketing are customer acquisition, customer retention, and customer advocacy. Customer acquisition is the process of attracting new customers to a business. This can be done through marketing campaigns or by building relationships with existing customers. Customer retention is the process of keeping customers with a business long term. This can be accomplished through offering them value and quality products or services. Customer advocacy is the process of promoting a business’s products or services on behalf of the customer. This can be done through writing reviews or telling friends and family about a business.
By understanding these pillars, businesses can improve their digital marketing strategy. By targeting the right customers and offering them quality products and services, businesses can grow their business exponentially.
How to Start a Digital Marketing Business
If you’re thinking about starting a digital marketing business, there are a few things you’ll need to do before you can start accepting new clients.
First, you’ll need to create a website. Your website should reflect your brand and the services you offer. It should also be easy to navigate and look great on mobile devices.
Next, you’ll need to set up an email marketing strategy. You should send out regular emails to your current and potential clients. These emails should include updates on your business, special offers, and information about your products or services.
Finally, you’ll need to create social media profiles for your business. You should create accounts for platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You should use these profiles to promote your business and connect with your potential and current clients.
The Different Types of Digital Marketing
There are a variety of different types of digital marketing, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Here’s a brief overview of the most common types:
1. Email Marketing: Email marketing is one of the oldest forms of digital marketing and remains one of the most effective. It allows you to reach a large number of people quickly and easily. You can send automated emails or run campaigns that use email lists to send out promotional content and attract new customers.
2. Social Media Marketing: Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn allow you to connect with a large audience quickly and easily. You can post content that is relevant to your target audience, create social media pages for your business, and engage with potential and current customers on these platforms.
3. Display Advertising: Display advertising is another type of digital marketing that uses ads to display on websites or in other places online where consumers are likely to see them. This type of advertising is most commonly used to promote products or services.
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is the practice of improving the visibility of your website on search engines like Google. This can be done by optimizing your website for keywords, adding relevant images, and adding other elements that will make your site more visible.
5. Web Analytics: Web analytics is the use of tools to measure the performance of your website and how different aspects of it (like traffic, conversion rates, and engagement) are changing over time. This information can be used to improve your website and marketing strategy.
The Different Types of Customers
When you’re considering taking on new digital marketing clients, it’s important to understand the different types of customers you’ll be working with. There are three main groups of digital marketing clients:
1. Prospects: Prospects are people who have not yet made a purchase from your business. They may be looking for information, a product or service, or they may be waiting for a sale.
2. Customers: Customers are people who have already made a purchase from your business. They’re the ones who you want to convert more of into repeat customers.
3. Leads: Leads are people who have shown interest in your business but have not yet made a purchase. They could be potential customers, or they could be people who have signed up to receive information from you but have not done so yet.
It’s important to know which type of customer you’re working with so that you can tailor your approach accordingly. For example, you might target leads more aggressively than prospects or customers because they’re more likely to convert into buyers.
How to Measure Your Progress
When you start a new digital marketing campaign, it’s important to keep track of your progress. You need to be able to measure the results of your efforts in order to continue making improvements. There are a number of different ways to measure your progress, and you can choose which one works best for you.
One way to measure your progress is to track your website’s traffic. You can use traffic stats such as Google Analytics or SimilarWeb to track how many people have visited your website, what pages they’ve visited, and how long they spent on each page. This information will help you see which campaigns are working well and which ones need more work.
Another way to measure your progress is to track the results of your social media campaigns. Use tools like Hootsuite or BuzzSumo to see which posts are getting the most likes or shares, and which posts are driving the most engagement (comments and likes). This information will help you determine which posts are resonating with your audience and which ones should be revised or abandoned altogether.
Finally, it’s important to keep track of how your website is performing in search engine rankings. Use Google Webmaster Tools or Bing Webmaster Tools to see how well your website is ranking in different search engines, and make changes to your website’s content or marketing campaigns based on the results.
whichever method works best for you, be sure to track your progress so you can continue making improvements.